Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Floridians are not color blind!

Today was the 1st day of school for CM. I took him in with all the documents from my checklist I got from the school. They told me to arrive at 8:15 to get him registered. Me and all 3 boys arrived right on time...just in time to wait...for 45 minutes! During this pleasant wait time the boys fought over the one toy I managed to find in the stroller then Cm told me his lunch box was leaking! Huh?! Well his drink box had exploded! I had to do major clean up quickly in order to save the rest of the food. Right about this time, the "pleasant" secretary called us back. She said, "I hope you have your paperwork". I swear she sounded just like Roz from Monsters Inc.! So I handed her my forms. She looked at his immunizations and said, "this needs to be on the blue state of FL immunization form", and she said it like duh! Well of course I would know that, who doesn't?! So anyway, after some questioning I found out that I needed to go to the county dept. of public health to get the proper color form. No big deal, I could finish up here, get CM situated and come back with it later right? WRONG! She then proceeded to tell me she couldn't register him without the immunizations being on the crazy blue form instead of a white one! WHAT?! So I packed up the gang and headed down to the public health dept, where I kid you not, they transferred my info from my white paper to their BLUE paper. I then had to stop home for a new juice box and finally got CM to his class around 11am!

Don't even get me going about AM's school registration! I should have known...his physical had to be on a Yellow form instead of my white one then I also had to have his immunizations moved from the white form to the blue form. Good Grief Charlie Brown! Who cares what color the paper is? Well Florida, obviously!

No comments: