Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Welcome To The Sunshine State...Hey, where's the sunshine?!

Well we arrived in FL on Thursday August 22 and guess who threw out the welcome mat? None other than Tropical Storm Faye herself! We drove right into the storm. Now, up until we reached Ocala, I was thinking along the lines of really bad thunderstorm. Nope...not even close! It rained so much and so hard I think you could have literally drowned out there! It rained NONSTOP for days! Kevin's cousin, Betty said it had been raining for 4 days before we got there - 4 DAYS! It continued to rain for days after. I have never seen anything like it. I started wondering if snow was such a bad thing afterall. Kevin says yes, but the jury is still out for me.

We left one of our cars at our lovely cousin, Betty's, house then went to check in at Disney's Pop Century Resort where Kevin's mom was waiting for us. We had a nice but wet vacation for the next 5 days. The movers showed up at our new house on Monday. Kevin met them there so they could unload while the boys, mom, and I went to Epcot. It was only fair. Afterall, I did most of the packing! Then Tuesday we said a tearful goodbye to mom as they picked her up for the airport to head back to MI, and we left to start the next fun phase of our journey...unpacking!

No comments: